Basic Computer Skills
This training is for participants who have never or have rarely used a computer and will need to be able to use a computer to access their emails and payslips whilst at the workplace.
- Identify basic parts and functions of a standard computer
Whilst in the Workplace
- Log computer on and off correctly
- Organise files and folders in a computer
- Mastering your windows
- Create, send and read/reply an email
- Intranet/ Internet
- Access the DET portal to download group certificate, payslip, and leave balance
- Changing your password in the DET portal
- Learning Plan – to develop computer skills
For participants to be able to complete the activities that are within the resource
You must have a current USERNAME and PASSWORD before attending the training session
Click here to check TAFE NSW library catalogue for resources on Basic Computer Skills. If a book that you would like to borrow is not at your local college, ask library staff to do an interlibrary loan for you.